The Windlesham Society is a village organisation open to all local residents and businesses. It was originally founded in 1978 and re-established in 2012 as a non-political, charitable organisation.
The Society’s constitution is centred around improving the quality of life for village residents and businesses; it has a wide-ranging brief including the preservation and enhancement of our local heritage and natural environment.
Windlesham village is in Surrey Heath, approximately 25 miles south west of central London. The name derives from the Windle Brook, which runs south of the village into Chobham, and the common suffix ‘ham’, the Old English word for ‘homestead’.
Who Are We?
The Society’s constitution is centred around improving the quality of life for village residents and businesses and protecting the village from detrimental change
The Society and its trustees are registered with the Charity Commission; its accounts are audited and published on an annual basis and its Officers and the Committee are annually elected at the AGM.
- Stimulate interest and involvement in village affairs
- Forge links with other Windlesham organisations
- Maintain and encourage the heritage of the village
- Liaise with local government and agencies
- Maintain the local/neighbourhood plan
- Comment on Planning Issues including sustainable growth
Contact address : email@example.com